1 Year Contract, Part-time (32 hours per/week)
Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your career in an organization that values people, action and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids has increased the number of hungry kids fed daily through its programs by almost 70% since 2015. To accomplish this increased impact, BB4CK has broadened its program delivery through community partnerships and a focus on encouraging and supporting people in Calgary to act in meaningful ways to feed kids. Today, BB4CK continues to grow and transition in order to achieve our goal of no hungry kids. This is an exciting and challenging time in our organizational life, as we continue to meet the growing need in our community, while also focusing our efforts on strengthening our systems and processes to support our growing organization.
2020 –2021 new programs: In response to school closures and the COVID-19 pandemic, BB4CK implemented a grocery card program. While this program was paused in Fall 2021, we are currently working to build on our learning and explore program models we can implement to meet the needs of kids and their families. With a curiosity about income-based programming, we launched into our current learning & pilot project work.
Current Learning & Pilot Project Work: We are currently working to learn and create a new pilot program that will address the food needs of kids and their families in Calgary. This work launched in January 2022 with family interviews, to center the program design around the feedback from families. The current stage of work is in data analysis and initial project design, with a goal of launching a pilot in Fall 2022.
Our vision: Communities that make sure all kids are fed.
Our mission: Connect and inspire people to take meaningful action to feed and care for kids.
The Data and Evaluation Coordinator: Working collaboratively with the Program Innovation and Evaluation Team Lead, the Data and Evaluation Coordinator will steward a vital direction for BB4CK Programming across the organization. This role will focus on supporting a new BB4CK Pilot Project, enhancing and implementing the BB4CK evaluation framework, and working closely with the Family Coordinator to enhance the Family Engagement strategy. This important role works toward continued growth and innovation for BB4CK, through measuring our programs’ outcomes in order to identify BB4CK’s breadth of impact and exploring new opportunities for expanding our impact.
The role of the Data and Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Be responsible for own health and wellness, personally and professionally, and take ownership to ensure you are able to perform this role as needed
- Contribute wholeheartedly to BB4CK’s vision and mission
- Working effectively on tasks assigned within the context of BB4CK values and culture
This role and what you will do:
- In collaboration with BB4CK programs and operations team, support the implementation, design of and tactics for the pilot project
- Work collaboratively with the Programs Team in the development of survey/focus group questions, data collection procedures, specific measures to assess intended outcomes and analysis of resulting qualitative and quantitative data
- Assist with project-related tasks, including managing registration, notetaking, facilitation, data entry, data management and summarizing evaluations/feedback
- Enhance and refine BB4CK’s programming evaluation framework, indicators and tools to measure the effectiveness of programming across the organization, including the pilot project
- Monitor BB4CK’s program-level performance measures and ensure alignment to grant-reporting requirements and support the creation of grant reports
- Oversee evaluation processes, including engaging staff on the methodologies/procedures employed for the evaluation framework, issuing periodic impact reports, and working with BB4CK team to devise continuous improvement measures
- Support the Family Coordinator in stewarding the family engagement strategy and support in the coordination of facilitated activities
- Performing administrative duties as needed
- 3+ of years in designing evaluation methods and systems to measure program impact, both qualitative and quantitative
- Demonstrated experience working with community and developing programs
- Excellent storyteller with the ability to effectively communicate agency impact, outputs, outcomes and knowledge sharing with key funding stakeholders
- Confident in developing and implementing impact and process evaluations using a mixed method approach to data collection
- Ability to offer creative solutions to complex situations
- Experience administering focus groups/individual interviews is an asset
- Experience working with children is an asset
Kitchen Team Support:
- All employees of BB4CK are expected to offer their support in our kitchen spaces, as needed, while managing their own capacity and schedules throughout the course of their employment.
This opportunity might be a great match for you if you:
- Are a big systems thinker and passionate about social change
- Have an in-depth understanding of the root causes of food insecurity and systemic issues
- Are flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Have a broad view of the social impact sector in Calgary and beyond
- Enjoy working independently, yet supported by small and large teams.
- Enjoy a hybrid work environment; this includes some in person requirements but primarily provides the flexibility and means to work where you are most efficient and effective.
This role is typically scheduled Monday –Friday, however there may be some evenings and weekends, as defined by the initiatives & projects designed for family/client connection.
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.