Fund Development Annual Giving & Event Associate
Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your career in an organization that values people, action and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has the food they need to succeed. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids continues to increase the number of kids supported through our programs. We have accomplished this increased impact by broadening our program delivery through community partnerships and a focus on encouraging and supporting people in Calgary to act in meaningful ways to feed kids. Today, BB4CK continues to grow and transition in order to achieve our goal to feed kids. This is an exciting and challenging time in our organizational life, as we continue to meet the growing need in our community, while also focusing our efforts on strengthening our systems and processes to support our growing organization.
Our vision: Communities that make sure all kids are fed.
Our mission: Connect and inspire people to take meaningful action to feed and care for kids
The Annual Giving and Event Associate: The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and supporting third party fundraisers and events including annual campaigns. This role will also be responsible for stewarding third party and mid-level donors and will have a leadership role in digital fundraising strategies.
The role of the Annual Giving and Event Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Be responsible for own health and wellness, personally and professionally, and take ownership to ensure you are able to perform this role as needed including some hands-on support in our main kitchen from time to time.
- Contribute wholeheartedly to BB4CK’s vision and mission.
- Working effectively on tasks assigned within the context of BB4CK values and culture.
- Work with FD Team to maintain stewardship best practices
- Coordinate and manage donor stewardship and engagement events
- Develop and implement a targeted stewardship plan for third party fundraisers and mid level donors
Third Party Relationships and Fundraising Events
- Develop and nurture local relationships with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with donors interested in fundraising on behalf of BB4CK
- Coordinate requests for BB4CK supports (Banners, Info cards, etc.)
- Support Third Party Events (AGLC licence, volunteers, donations)
- Manage admin and special event volunteers
- Plan and execute 2-3 fundraising campaigns per year
- Employ strategies to grow annual giving revenue
- Strategize donor engagement communications (campaign key messages, email communications, social media)
- Evaluate and adjust strategies based on regular outcome measurement
Digital Fundraising/Online Giving
- Maintain and monitor email marketing platform
- Identify trends and opportunities to improve communications with donors
- Create, maintain, and monitor donor communication strategies using automated communication system (i.e., Pardot) in conjunction with Communications team
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with donor relationship cultivation and stewardship
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with public speaking experience
- Experience working with collaborative initiatives and partnerships
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines, work collaboratively, manage several projects at once and be able to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook mail)
- Working knowledge of donor CRM’s and digital fundraising and marketing tools an asset
Education and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma with an emphasis in Non-Profit Management /Fundraising or CFRE designation, would be an asset, but consideration will be given to equivalent experience.
- Marketing/communication, event planning and volunteer management experience an asset
- 1-3 years’ experience on a Fund Development Team or equivalent experience
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Are an outgoing person who loves to work with people and network with the community
- Find joy in building relationships and engaging people to make a difference
- Are a visionary, can advocate for results that are in the best interest of the community, and identify organizational changes that are needed to achieve these best results
- Are able to collaboratively lead, solve problems, make decisions, and manage change
- Embrace a hybrid work environment: balancing working in a shared office space at least once a week, as well as working from home
- Are flexible and adaptable to changing situations
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose driven and compelling place to work, please apply at https://bb4ck.bamboohr.com/careers/21?source=aWQ9MTE%3D
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.