Does taking meaningful action to inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to advance and take ownership of your Fund Development career in an organization that values people, action and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that support hungry kids with a lunch, wherever they are. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Working cohesively with the Director of Operations, the Fund Development Specialist is an integral part of a committed, hardworking and fun team! This individual will work 40 hours per week, with flexibility built in regarding the specific hours (projects, events or meetings may require evening and weekend work, and weekday hours are flexible to be worked as required).
A typical day for you in the role of Fund Development Specialist will include the following key responsibilities:
- Take ownership & collaborate on the development and implementation of a comprehensive, proactive, relationship-based fund development strategy
- Build and maintain relationships with mid and major gift level donors
- Collaborate on our donor communications strategy
- Write and submit funding applications and reports
- Work closely with the Fund Development Associate and Giving and Data Coordinator to manage relationships, stewardship, strategy and the overall program
- Engage the Executive Director, Director of Operations, other staff, members of the Board and other volunteers in building relationships with supporters
- Contributing to the maintenance of administrative systems, databases, record and other information that allow the program to flourish
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Have a solid understanding of the fund development cycle – planning/implementing fundraising plans, strategies and tactics
- Have the ability to build systems and processes to support development
- Are creative, solution-focused, resourceful, relational and authentic in building relationships; able to quickly build rapport and connection
- Strong strategic thinker – sees challenges as an opportunity
- Like to take initiative, be pro-active and make things happen
- 7+ years experience in Fund Development and relationship management; thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets over $2M annually
- 5+ years working closely in a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience with grant and proposal writing or in communications is preferred
- Experience working with a fundraising database required; working knowledge of Salesforce is preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Experience thinking “on your feet”, problem solving, and building both short- and long-term solutions
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with the level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose-driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 23, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.”