Does taking meaningful action to inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to impact the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with, and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your career in an organization that values people, action, and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team as a Grant & Content Coordinator.
This role is responsible for working closely with the Fund Development Specialist in the administration and development of Grants and proposals for the Fund Development Team, in adherence with the organization’s grant submission policies and procedures. The Grant Writing Coordinator ensures that regular grant proposals are submitted and delivered on time and accurately and is responsible for final report back requirements for grants received.
Who we are? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure a broad impact in our community.
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids has increased the number of hungry kids fed daily through its programs by almost 100% since 2015. To accomplish this increased impact, BB4CK has broadened its program delivery through community partnerships and a focus on encouraging and supporting people in Calgary to act in meaningful ways to feed kids. Today, BB4CK continues to grow and transition to achieve our no-hungry kids. This is an exciting and challenging time in our organizational life, as we continue to meet the growing need in our community while also focusing our efforts on strengthening our systems and processes to support our growing organization.
Our vision: Communities that make sure all kids are fed.
Our mission: Connect and inspire people to take meaningful action to feed and care for kids.
This Role :
- Writes proposals to apply for financial grants allocated by government departments, companies, foundations, and trusts.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Display adherence to the organization’s mission.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of the development department’s strategy.
** The list of tasks and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the organization reserves the right to change the job description in the future. Job requirement includes other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is a detailed and diligent worker. This role requires flexibility, a desire to create order and support structure, and an ability to respond quickly and intuitively to situations that arise. The successful candidate needs to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with the resourcefulness and organizational skills to meet fixed deadlines.
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Outlook mail) and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- A high degree of confidentiality
- Secure major gift funding through grant and proposal writing to support the short-, medium- and long-term goals of Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids.
- Work with various members of the BB4CK team to create and edit content for online and written communication about Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to conceptualize, write, submit, and manage grant proposals, including research, cultivation, planning, consultation, data gathering, analysis, writing, editing, submission, acknowledgment, and reporting.
- Conduct prospect research and evaluate the feasibility of funding opportunities.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships and regular communication with staff and volunteers.
- Assist with document and case preparation associated with major gift requests and stewardship reports.
- Maintain records in hard copies and computer databases.
Education and Experience:
- 3 + years working closely in a team
- University degree in Non-profit management, business, human services, English, linguistics, or related field or equivalent is preferred
- Experience thinking on your feet, problem-solving and building both short- and long-term solutions
- Demonstrated experience in the grant application, proposal writing, contracts, and cultivation will be considered an asset.
- The candidate will possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, with strong analytical and research skills.
- A self-starter who can meet deadlines, work collaboratively, manage several projects at once, and handle confidential information with complete discretion.
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector will be considered an asset.
Kitchen Team Support:
- All employees of BB4CK are expected to offer their support in our kitchen spaces, as needed, while managing their own capacity and schedules throughout the course of their employment.
BB4CK is committed to the health and safety of our people, volunteers, and communities. With this commitment in mind, we comply with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and have implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. BB4CK’s COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to visit our Central Kitchen and/or other congregate settings in fulfilling the responsibilities of their role. **This role requires occasional attendance in our kitchens and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (IE. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide BB4CK with proof of vaccination.
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12, 2021.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.