Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with, and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your career in an organization that values people, action, and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities to feed and care for kids. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have a broad impact in our community.
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids has increased the number of hungry kids fed daily through its programs by almost 70% since 2015. To accomplish this increased impact, BB4CK has broadened its program delivery through community partnerships and a focus on encouraging and supporting people in Calgary to act in meaningful ways to feed kids. Today, BB4CK continues to grow and transition in order to achieve our goal of no hungry kids. This is an exciting and challenging time in our organizational life, as we continue to meet the growing need in our community, while also focusing our efforts on strengthening our systems and processes to support our growing organization.
2020 – 2021 new programs: In response to school closures and the COVID-19 pandemic, BB4CK implemented a grocery card program. While this program was paused in Fall 2021, we are currently working to build on our learning and explore program models we can implement to meet the needs of kids and their families. With a curiosity about income-based programming, we launched into our current learning & pilot project work.
Current Learning & Pilot Project Work: We are currently working to learn and create a new pilot program that will address the food needs of kids and their families in Calgary. This work launched in January 2022 with family interviews, to center the program design around the feedback from families. The current stage of work is in data analysis and initial project design, with the goal of launching a pilot in Fall 2022.
Our vision: Communities that make sure all kids are fed.
Our mission: Connect and inspire people to take meaningful action to feed and care for kids.
The Impact and Evaluation Specialist role: Working collaboratively with the Director of Programming, the Impact and Evaluation Specialist will steward a vital direction for BB4CK Programming. This role will focus on leading a new BB4CK Pilot Project, enhancing and implementing the BB4CK evaluation framework, working closely with the Family Coordinator to enhance the Family Engagement strategy. This important role works toward continued growth and innovation for BB4CK, through measuring our programs’ outcomes in order to identify BB4CK’s breadth of impact and exploring new opportunities for expanding our impact.
The role of the Impact and Evaluation Specialist will include the following key responsibilities:
- Be responsible for own health and wellness, personally and professionally, and take ownership to ensure you are able to perform this role as needed
- Contribute wholeheartedly to BB4CK’s vision and mission
- Working effectively on tasks assigned within the context of BB4CK values and culture
This Role and what you will do:
- Work with external developmental evaluation coach (Innoweave, an initiative of the McConnel Foundation) and BB4CK team to continue the work of the BB4CK pilot project
- Provide input into the design of and tactics for the pilot project
- In collaboration with BB4CK programs and operations team, manage the implementation of the pilot project
- Capture reflections and learnings about pilot project implementation and adapt along the way
- Enhance and refine BB4CK Programming evaluation framework, indicators and tools to measure the effectiveness of BB4CK programming, including the pilot project.
- Design/refine & implement the evaluation framework, monitoring procedures, and feedback loop for continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively with the Programs Team to develop intentional and specific measures to assess intended outcomes
- Oversee evaluation processes, including engaging staff on the methodologies/procedures employed for the evaluation framework
- Collate data through the methods identified in the framework, issue periodic impact reports, and work with BB4CK team to devise improvement measures
- Supervise and support the Family Coordinator in stewarding the family engagement strategy and support in the coordination of facilitated activities
- Performing management, supervisory and administrative duties as needed
- Assist with funding applications and impact reports for a range of other stakeholders
This opportunity might be a great match for you if:
- Are a big systems thinker and passionate about dignity and social change
- Have an in-depth understanding of the root causes of food insecurity and systemic issues
- Able to collaboratively lead, solve problems, make decisions, stay curious and manage change
- Are flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- 5+ experience in qualitative, quantitative, and participatory evaluation methods, impact and process evaluations, and impact reporting
- Ability to engage in evaluation plan creation and implementation in support of agency strategic evaluation framework(s).
- Confident in developing and implementing impact and process evaluations using a mixed-method approach to data collection.
- Experience administering focus groups and individual interviews are an asset
- Demonstrated experience working with the community and developing programs, preferably in the food security sector
- Excellent storyteller with the ability to effectively communicate agency impact, outputs, outcomes, and knowledge sharing with key funding stakeholders
- Ability to offer creative solutions to complex situations
Impact and Evaluation Specialist Role Details
Hours: 40 hours/week, typically Monday – Friday. Work may include evenings and weekends, as defined by the initiatives/projects designed for family/client connection.
Term: This is a parental leave coverage. The typical timeline for parental leaves is 12 months.
Based on BB4CK’s compensation structure compensation for this role will be $58,000 – $68,000 per year. This salary is based on 40 hours of work per week.
BB4CK is committed to the health and safety of our people, volunteers, and communities. With this commitment in mind, we comply with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and have implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. BB4CK’s COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to visit our Central Kitchen and/or other congregate settings in fulfilling the responsibilities of their role. **This role requires occasional attendance in our kitchens and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (IE. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide BB4CK with proof of vaccination.
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with the level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose-driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by BB4CK will be considering applications as they are received, from March 15th until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.