Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Working cohesively with the Director of Kitchen Engagement and our awesome Kitchen team, the Distribution Coordinator is an integral part of a committed, hardworking and fun team! This position is a 3 month contract with the possibility of extension. This individual will work 16 hours per week, Monday-Thursday from approximately 8:00am-12:00pm.
The Distribution Coordinator ensures the organization of food leaving the kitchen, delivery drivers and delivery routes.
A typical day for you in the role of Distribution Coordinator will include the following key responsibilities:
- Coordinate the packing of lunches (this includes training volunteers to run the packing table and transport duties independently)
- Coordinate and organize volunteer drivers
- Plan delivery routes and schedule drivers
- Work with Operations Coordinator to coordinate the distribution of additional food supports from kitchen to schools
- Deliver lunches when necessary
- Support Kitchen Operation needs and duties as needed (includes prepping lunches, organizing workspace, etc.)
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Have the ability to organize, plan and coordinate
- Are solution-focused, resourceful, able to quickly build rapport and connection
- Strong communication skills
- Sees challenges as an opportunity
- Like to take initiative, be pro-active and make things happen
- Extremely passionate about non-profit organizations, and in particular about serving kids and families
- Experience in a small environment and wearing many hats is beneficial
BB4CK offers competitive compensation. Salary/wage will be commensurate with level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2019.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.