**Thank you for your interest in this position. We are no longer accepting appications at this time. Please check back later for new job postings!**
Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your career in an organization that values people, action and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids has increased the number of hungry kids fed daily through its programs by almost 70% since 2015. To accomplish this increased impact, BB4CK has broadened its program delivery through community partnerships and a focus on encouraging and supporting people in Calgary to act in meaningful ways to feed kids. Today, BB4CK continues to grow and transition in order to achieve our goal of no hungry kids. This is an exciting and challenging time in our organizational life, as we continue to meet the growing need in our community, while also focusing our efforts on strengthening our systems and processes to support our growing organization.
Our vision: Communities that make sure all kids are fed.
Our mission: Connect and inspire people to take meaningful action to feed and care for kids.
Working cohesively with the Director of Operations, the Giving & Data Coordinator is a key member of the fund development team and manager of data and information. The Giving & Data Coordinator takes the lead on managing our donor data, gratitude, monthly giving, tax receipting and other fund development. This role requires an organized professional who can manage multiple streams of incoming information and who can gather and put together data in a meaningful way. This individual is highly relational and willing to invest in building strong relationships on behalf of BB4CK, and to manage the data that supports these relationships. It is an integral and essential part of the BB4CK team.
The role of Giving & Data Coordinator will include the following key responsibilities:
- Be responsible for own health and wellness, personally and professionally, and take ownership to ensure you are able to perform this role as needed
- Contribute wholeheartedly to BB4CK’s vision and mission
- Working effectively on tasks assigned within the context of BB4CK values and culture
- Donor database management, including gift processing, reporting, and tax receipting according to organizational and CRA rules and regulations
- Maintaining integrity and quality of the Salesforce database
- Managing external giving platforms (Canada Helps, Benevity, United Way etc.)
- Representing BB4CK at third-party events
- Ownership of the ‘Hunger Heroes’ monthly donor portfolio
- Contributing to general annual giving and campaign messaging and strategies
- Supporting administration and event volunteers who assist with fund development activities
- Assisting Financial Coordinator to reconcile gift records and reports
- Training new staff to ensure understanding of our database structure, coding and gift acceptance procedures
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Are a dynamic and engaging leader, demonstrating our core values to positively influence others
- Have the ability to achieve results that are in the best interests of both the organization and community
- Find joy in building relationships and engaging people to make a difference
- Are flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Have a working knowledge of technology
- 1-3 years experience in Fund Development and Data Management
- 3+ years working closely in a team
- Strong working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe)
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Willing to learn new donor databases
- Working knowledge of how fundraising works in a non-profit
- Experience thinking “on your feet”, problem solving and building both short- and long-term solutions
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience.
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED. Thank you for your interest.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.