Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change?
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. We value people, action and trust, and filter every decision through these values. Our staff team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Working cohesively with the Kitchen Supervisor and Technology Coordinator, the Operations Coordinator is a critical part of a committed, hardworking and fun team! This individual will work 30 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, morning shifts with some flexibility but must be able to be on-site a few mornings a week.
Reporting to the Technology Coordinator, the Operations Coordinator is responsible to:
• Maintain healthy relationships with schools who receive lunches from the kitchen
• Manage food orders to ensure supply levels are adequate
• Manage the packing of the lunches
• Support all kitchen and delivery activities to ensure lunches are made and delivered on time
• Track information in software and report as needed
• Operate and maintain the fleet of vehicles
• Be the main contact for internal and external food suppliers
• Run kitchen morning back up
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Stellar organizational and time management skills, thriving in a busy environment
• Strong strategic thinker – sees challenges as an opportunity
• Detail-oriented and able to track many moving parts
• Energetic, engaging, optimistic and able to quickly build rapport and connection
• Loves people – building and maintaining amazing relationships
• Ability to work independently and the love of working with a team
• Technical agility
If you are looking for a purpose driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 1, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.