Does taking meaningful action inspires you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your Communications career in an organization that values people, action, and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have a broad impact in our community.
Working cohesively with the Director of Operations, the Communications Coordinator is an integral part of a committed, hardworking and fun team! This individual will work 20 hours per week, with flexibility built in regarding the specific hours (projects, events or meetings may require evening and weekend work, and weekday hours are flexible to be worked as required).
A typical day for you in the role of Communications Coordinator will include the following key responsibilities:
Collaborate in driving the communications plan
- Implement communications strategies
- Create and coordinate content for multiple media channels (online and off-line)
- Lead the creation of marketing materials for print and web
- Coordinate volunteers to support communications as possible and needed
- Monitor and update mentions of BB4CK online as needed
- Track and report on Communications metrics and analytics
- Support the creation of external and internal communications materials for community and volunteers
- Archive communications materials in physical and digital form
- Represent and speak on behalf of BB4CK at external events
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years mid-level experience working with a team
- 2+ years’ experience in communications
- A broad view of the social impact sector in Calgary and beyond
- Experience or interest in childhood development, education systems, and social supports
The successful candidate is a creative and inventive professional, skilled at telling stories and sharing messages in a way that is clear, compelling and inspiring. The person in this role will be responsible for shaping the organization’s message, tone, and overall brand, and supporting everyone in the organization to align with that. They will maintain and create tools and platforms, taking a recently created communications strategy and implementing and adjusting as needed. Read the full description here
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience. If you are looking for a purpose-driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 15th , 2019.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.