Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your Communications career in an organization that values people, action and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Working cohesively with the Director of Operations, the Communications Coordinator is an integral part of a committed, hardworking and fun team! This individual will work 20 hours per week, with flexibility built in regarding the specific hours (projects, events or meetings may require evening and weekend work, and weekday hours are flexible to be worked as required).
A typical day for you in the role of Communications Coordinator will include the following key responsibilities:
- Collaborating in driving the communications plan
- Implementing communication strategy
- Creating and coordinating content for multiple media channels
- Leading the creation of marketing materials for print and web
- Coordinating volunteers to support communications
- Monitoring and updating mentions of BB4CK online as needed
- Tracking and reporting on communication metrics and analytics
- Supporting the creation of external and internal communication materials for community and volunteers
- Archiving communications materials in physical and digital form
- Representing and speaking on behalf of BB4CK at external events
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Have a solid understanding of communications strategies and tactics
- Have the ability to build systems and processes to support development
- Are creative, solution-focused, resourceful, relational and authentic in building relationships; able to quickly build rapport and connection
- Are a strong strategic thinker – sees challenges as an opportunity
- Like to take initiative, be pro-active and make things happen
- Extremely passionate about non-profit organizations, and in particular about serving kids
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a Communications or Marketing role (in a nonprofit
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a small environment and wearing many hats is beneficial
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience. If you are looking for a purpose driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22, 2019.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.