Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your career in an organization that values people, action and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids has increased the number of hungry kids fed daily through its programs by almost 70% since 2015. To accomplish this increased impact, BB4CK has broadened its program delivery through community partnerships and a focus on encouraging and supporting people in Calgary to act in meaningful ways to feed kids. Today, BB4CK continues to grow and transition in order to achieve our goal of no hungry kids. This is an exciting and challenging time in our organizational life, as we continue to meet the growing need in our community, while also focusing our efforts on strengthening our systems and processes to support our growing organization.
Our vision: Communities that make sure all kids are fed.
Our mission: Connect and inspire people to take meaningful action to feed and care for kids.
Working cohesively with the Director of Programming, the Kitchen Coordinator is responsible for the leadership and day to day management of BB4CK’s central downtown kitchen, empowering volunteers to work in their areas of strength to make lunches for hungry kids.
The role of Kitchen Coordinator will include the following key responsibilities:
• Be responsible for own health and wellness, personally and professionally, and take ownership to ensure you are able to perform this role as needed
• Contribute wholeheartedly to BB4CK’s vision and mission
• Working effectively on tasks assigned within the context of BB4CK values and culture
• Engage and educate volunteers, maintaining and building strong relationships
• Empower Core (regular) volunteers with all the tools and support they need to manage the lunch-making process in the Kitchen
• Manage all aspects of daily lunch making, ensuring that the necessary lunches are prepared in a timely manner, and maintain systems to do so
• Manage all food and supply ordering
• Maintain database of core volunteer contact information
• Orient and manage each day’s group volunteers to perform necessary tasks in accordance with established guidelines
• Ensure the kitchen operates in accordance with Alberta Health Services and food safety standards
• Participate in planning, leading and supporting miscellaneous third-party projects
• Any other duties that may be required
For the full posting, see here: https://bb4ck.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/2019-Kitchen-Coordinator-Role-Description.pdf
This opportunity might be for you if you:
• Are a dynamic and engaging leader, demonstrating our core values to positively influence others at all levels of interaction
• Have the ability to achieve results that are in the best interests of both the organization and community
• Are flexible and responsive, seeing solutions and creating an environment that empowers others to solve problems
• Are an expert in food safety and preparation
• Are focused on supporting everyone around you to take on the responsibility of making lunches for hungry kids
• Are flexible and adaptable to changing situations
• Have certification or willingness to obtain Alberta Food Safety Basics and First Aid/CPR
• Have a working knowledge of computers (Microsoft Office)
• 1-3 years experience leading in a Kitchen environment
• 3+ years working closely in a team
• Experience thinking “on your feet” problem solving and building both short- and long-term solutions
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose-driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 18, 2019.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.