Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your career in an organization that values people, action and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has a part-time opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids has increased the number of hungry kids fed daily through its programs by almost 70% since 2015. To accomplish this increased impact, BB4CK has broadened its program delivery through community partnerships and a focus on encouraging and supporting people in Calgary to act in meaningful ways to feed kids. Today, BB4CK continues to grow and transition in order to achieve our goal of no hungry kids. This is an exciting and challenging time in our organizational life, as we continue to meet the growing need in our community, while also focusing our efforts on strengthening our systems and processes to support our growing organization.
Our vision: Communities that make sure all kids are fed.
Our mission: Connect and inspire people to take meaningful action to feed and care for kids.
This role is the first “voice” of BB4CK; responsible for taking in, processing, fielding and connecting all new and incoming relationships (schools, volunteers, donors, etc.). This role also coordinates staff meetings and events, and supports the Executive Director with various administrative tasks.
The role of Administration Coordinator will include the following key responsibilities:
- First point of contact for people reaching out to BB4CK via phone, mail or general email, or walking in
- Support the Executive Director with general administration tasks
- Manage office-related contracts and purchasing
- Office organization over all – supply ordering, office logistics, etc.
- Manage staff meetings and gatherings – invitations, locations, refreshments, etc.
- Manage external relations
- Organizing mail outs as needed
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Are a dynamic, detailed and diligent worker, demonstrating our core values
- Have the passion for creating order and supporting structure
- Respond quickly and intuitively to situations that arise
- Are flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Have a high regard for confidentiality
- Have a working knowledge of computers (Microsoft Office)
- 1-3 years experience in a office environment
- 3+ years working closely in a team
- Experience thinking “on your feet” problem solving and building both short- and long-term solutions
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience.
This role will work out of our office 9 am – 2 pm, Monday through Thursday.
If you are looking for a purpose driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.