Work With Us
Current Employment Opportunities:
Fund Development Specialist, 1 Year, Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Does taking meaningful action inspire you? Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the daily life of a child? Are you passionate about creating social change, engaging with and having an impact on your community? Are you looking to take ownership of your career in an organization that values people, action and trust? Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team!
Who we are: Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids (BB4CK) is a mission-focused grassroots organization, working to build and strengthen communities that ensure every child has enough to eat at school. Our team is small, working together in our areas of strength to ensure we can have broad impact in our community.
Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids has increased the number of hungry kids fed daily through its programs by almost 70% since 2015. To accomplish this increased impact, BB4CK has broadened its program delivery through community partnerships and a focus on encouraging and supporting people in Calgary to act in meaningful ways to feed kids. Today, BB4CK continues to grow and transition in order to achieve our goal of no hungry kids. This is an exciting and challenging time in our organizational life, as we continue to meet the growing need in our community, while also focusing our efforts on strengthening our systems and processes to support our growing organization.
Our vision: A future where communities ensure no kids go hungry.
Our mission: Connect and inspire people to take meaningful action to feed and care for kids.
Working cohesively with the Director of Operations, the Fund Development Specialist leads the fund development program for the organization. The Fund Development Specialist strategizes, develops, and implements all aspects of the fund development program. Working closely with the Giving and Data Coordinator Communications Coordinator, and Executive Director, this role is the main contact for the majority of donors, building relationships with individuals, companies, groups and foundations to create opportunities to help feed hungry kids. This role requires an organized professional who can plan and execute all sorts of giving opportunities, and can tell stories that engage and invite people to become involved. This individual is highly relational and willing to invest in building strong relationships on behalf of BB4CK. It is an integral and essential part of the BB4CK team.
The role of Fund Development Specialist will include the following key responsibilities:
- Be responsible for own health and wellness, personally and professionally, and take ownership to ensure you are able to perform this role as needed
- Contribute wholeheartedly to BB4CK’s vision and mission
- Working effectively on tasks assigned within the context of BB4CK values and culture
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive, proactive, relationship-based fund development strategy that raises the funds required to operate the organization
- Build and maintain relationships with financial and in-kind supporters, including individuals, companies, groups, foundations, third party event planners and others
- Plan, implement, and manage fundraising campaigns and events annually as laid out in the program
- Lead donor communications and stewardship strategies; work collaboratively with marketing/communications to coordinate specific messaging from the perspective of Fund Development
- Be creative, solution-focused, strengths-based, relational, and authentic in building relationships with donors to connect them to the work of the BB4CK community
- Oversee the maintenance of administrative systems, Salesforce database, fundraising records, and other information that allows the program to flourish
- Manage the grants and proposal process; keep grant schedule, write applications, and track deliverables
- Provide reports to stakeholders as required (internal & external) including monthly reconciliation reports with finance
- Inform and support both the Leadership Team and Fund Development Committee of the Board to achieve fundraising outcomes
- Keep informed of current funding trends, CRA requirements, and system updates to increase effectiveness of the fundraising program
This opportunity might be for you if you:
- Are a dynamic and engaging leader, demonstrating our core values to positively influence others
- Have the ability to achieve results that are in the best interests of both the organization and community
- Find joy in building relationships and engaging people to make a difference
- Are flexible and adaptable to changing situations and have a high degree of initiative
- Have a working knowledge of technology and fundraising databases
- 7+ years experience in Fund Development and relationship management; thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets over $2M annually
- 5+ years working closely in a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience with grant and proposal writing or in communications is preferred
- Experience working with a fundraising database required; working knowledge of Salesforce is preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Experience thinking “on your feet”, problem solving, and building both short- and long-term solutions
BB4CK offers a competitive compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and professional growth. Salary will be commensurate with level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose driven and compelling place to work, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27th, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest in BB4CK, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
© 2020 Brown Bagging for Calgary Street Kids Society