Social Media Ambassador Program
- BB4CK Social Media Ambassador Program goal is to boost BB4CK message on social media, where volunteers will advocate by using their voices creatively and intentionally online.
- Volunteers choose actions to complete (which range from sharing our website to posting a selfie, to simply commenting on a BB4CK post), tag #BB4CKAmbassador, and document with screenshots to earn service hours for posting.
- Log in to your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn accounts. You can use any or all of these platforms, and your accounts don’t need to be public or verified to participate.
- Complete the actions listed below. Be sure to use the hashtag #BB4CKAmbassador every time you post!
- Follow Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids.
- Instagram: @bb4ck
- Facebook: @bb4ck
- Twitter: @brownbaggingit
- Linkedin: @brownbaggingforcalgay’skids
- Introduce yourself as a BB4CK Social Media Ambassador with a link to https://bb4ck.org/social-media-ambassador-program/ in your post.
- Comment on a post from one of BB4CK’S social media accounts.
- Post a recipe or a picture of a meal that is special to you or your community.
- In Canada, 1 in 6 children live in food-insecure households– That is, more than 1.2 million children under the age of 18. Make a post to share this statistic.
- Let’s raise hunger awareness, so take a selfie at your empty dining table, tag three friends, and challenge them to do the same. (Not everyone will have food on their table for lunch today)
- Browse these facts and post one that surprises you. Encourage discussion with your followers.
- Educate your followers, family, and friends about what food insecurity means. Share one or two Food Insecurity definitions found here. Pick the one talks to you the most.
- Share a post from one of BB4CK’S social media accounts.
- Post this link: https://bb4ck.org/help/ and help families and kids find food resources.
Additional Actions You Can Take:
- Post about our Monthly Giving program and invite others to become monthly donors $2.5 = 1 lunch
5 actions = 2 service hours
All 10 actions = 4 service hours